In her recitals, Kulikova speaks directly, almost conversationally, with an audience. She excels in differentiating the lines of what she is playing; melodic lines that pass from one string to another, and even cross each other, yet retain consistent tone-color; richly resonant, cello-like thumb strokes, and a singing tone up in the highest positions of an intensity almost too beautiful to bear. She also brings to the repertoire classical works by Russian composers, performing them in a way only a Russian can!
STUDENT TICKETS AVAILABLE! Enter promo-code “Student” to get a $10-discount off general admission tickets. Students must show a student ID or a letter from your instructor at the door.
- If your plans change, let us know. Tickets refunded anytime before concert date — no questions asked!
1) Chopin (1810-1849): Vals N.7
2) Johann Sebastian Bach ( 1685-1750) from Cello Suite n.1 BWV 1007
Prelude-Allemande-Courante (arr.for guitar I.Kulikova)
3) Jose Maria Gallardo del Rey (1961) From suite ” Nights in San-Lorenzo “
1. Buen Air , 2. Preludio.
4) Frederico Moreno-Torroba (1891-1982) Sonatina in A
1) )Augustin Barrios Mangore (1885-1944): Una Limosna por al Amor de Dios
2) Augustin Barrios Mangore (1885-1944): La Cathedral
3) Sergei Rudnev (1955): Old lime tree
4) Konstantin Vassiliev (1970): Three Lyric Pieces (Elegie- Reminiscence- Mogiana)