* FREE GARAGE PARKING BESIDE THE VENUE
* STUDENTS 17 AND UNDER FREE ADMISSION. Student must show a student ID at the door.
* STUDENTS 18 AND OLDER CAN RECEIVE a $10 discount. Enter promo-code “student”. Student must show a student ID at the door.
Duo Melis is made up of Greek guitarist Alexis Muzurakis and Spanish guitarist Susana Prieto. They made their debut in 1999 at the International Guitar Festival of Volos, Greece. They have won numerous awards both individually and together. In 1999, they won first prize at the International Guitar Duo Competition in Germany. The following year they won the Guitar Duo Competition in France. Since 2006, Alexis and Susana have taught at the Conservatoire National de Strasbourg in France. Note: there will be no masterclass.
—- CONCERT PROGRAM —-
– J. RODRIGO (1901-1999)
– ANTOINE DE LHOYER (1768-1840)
Duo N° 3. Op. 31
– A. PIAZZOLLA (1921-1992)
Tango Suite: Allegro
——– PAUSE ——–
– D. SCARLATTI (1685-1757)
Sonata K 204 a *
Sonata K 9, L 413 *
Sonata K 18 *
– ENRIQUE GRANADOS (1867-1916)
– A. E. GINASTERA (1916-1983)
I. Danza del viejo boyero
II. Danza de la moza dolosa
III. Danza del gaucho matrero
*Transcriptions made by Alexis Muzurakis & Susana Prieto
As D’Addario classical artists, Duo Melis performs exclusively on D’Addario Strings
The concert also includes a prelude performance by the young guitarist Avi Mushran. Mushran has played classical guitar for eleven years and currently studies at the California Conservatory of Music. He has performed at various places, including the Bay Area, Los Angeles, Canada,and Boston and placed in numerous national and international competitions.