2971 Union Ave
San Jose, CA 95124
Master Classes, general information
- Given by our visiting concert artists
- Held in front of a live audience
- Four performers for 30 minutes each
- Performer Fee: $35
- Audit Fee: $5, pay at the door
- SBGS Members and donors audit for free!
- For more information and to schedule a performance spot, contact Jerry Snyder – email@example.com
FOR MORE INFO GO TO:
Iliana Matos has been hailed by critics for her “powerful and intense style.” María Luisa Anido, the Great Lady of Guitar, after hearing Iliana play, wrote to her: “I am impressed by your wonderful guitaristic art, and I am proud to know that a woman (and a Cuban woman!) came to such a degree of artistic perfection.” Iliana Matos graduated from the National School of Art in Havana, where she studied with José Angel Pérez Puente. She earned a Bachelor of Music in Classical Guitar Performance from the Superior Institute of Havana (her teachers included Rey Guerra, Miguel Bonachea and Jesús Ortega), and received a Special Diploma given to the most outstanding graduate for her artistic creative work. She continued her studies with Gabriel Estarellas at the Royal Music Conservatory of Madrid and graduated with a Master of Music Degree from de Extremadura University under Ricardo Gallén.