South Bay Guitar Society
72 North Fifth Street
Suite 18 San Jose, CA 95112
toll-free 855-502-SBGS (7247)
Dimitrios Douros, President, email@example.com
Jerry Snyder, Artistic Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
Tom Ingalz, Managing Director, email@example.com
South Bay Guitar Society is a volunteer–driven California–chartered 501(c)(3) non-profit fine arts organization. In addition to member support, the Society receives assistance through the City of San Jose and Arts Council Silicon Valley grants.
Since beginning in 1986, the Society has produced well over 200 concerts.
The purpose of the Society is to promote classical and related guitar music to people of all cultures, ages and economic means in the South Bay. The Society fulfills its purpose by offering culturally diverse performances and guitar education to the public, and by providing performance opportunities to professional and amateur musicians. We present over 55 events each year, including:
- 7 ticketed concerts
- 6 master classes
- 25 school outreach and library lectures / demos
- monthly Open Mics
- children’s educational matinees
- hospital concerts
- weekend-long annual Guitar Festival
Ashwin Krishna to appear on NPR From the Top 5/6/2012, recorded at Carnegie Hall; Photo of Aswin at Carnegie Hall.png
The program can also be heard anytime at this link (http://www.fromthetop.org/content/show-250-new-york-new-york). Ashwin’s segment begins at the 12 minute mark.
- Viviana Guzmán and Jérémy Jouve, SBGS concert, SanJose.com, Cat Johnson, 6/16/2011
- Isaac Bustos, SBGS concert, San Francisco Classical Voice, Scott Cmiel, 11/12/2011
- Jon Sharp: Music Helps Heal Veterans, CBS, Rachel Azevedo, 1/19/2012
- Guitar Society holds 8th annual solo and ensemble festival, Contra Costa Times, Heather Zimmerman, 3/5/2012
- Celio Perera opens South Bay Guitar Society’s opens season, Heather Zimmerman, 10/15/2012