SBGS Virtual Open Mic (On Zoom)
October 12, 2021, 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm
Jerry Snyder, Artistic Director
At Open Mic time, use the Zoom link to join the session.
If you would like to perform at the open mic session, please tell us using the signup form link (either ahead of time or during the session) what you intend to play. Its generally “first come first serve” except that kids can go first.
About the Virtual Open Mic:
- Everyone is Welcome: Audience and performers of all levels: beginner to professional: all are warmly received and encouraged.
- Acoustic Only: Finger picking nylon string styles (leave the Les Paul in its case). Soloists and ensembles of any combination. We occasionally welcome other instruments such as violin, flute, ukulele, etc.
- Maximum Time per Performer: 10 minutes
- Playing Order: In the order submitted using the above form (First come, first to perform, except that those under 18 can go first if desired).
- Setup Recommendation for Performers:
- An external microphone (such as a Zoom USB digital microphone) is recommended for improved sound quality, though not required. The Zoom H1n works very well as an example. However, if that is not in your budget, we understand; the microphone in your computer or mobile device will work just fine.
- We recommend that you ensure that you have the latest version of Zoom by starting the Zoom app, go to the Zoom / Check for Updates menu item and run the update or go to Download Zoom Update.
- Finally, we recommend that you turn on Original Sound while you are performing and turn if off when not performing.